Saturday 8 June 2013

People and Place - Exercise: Standing back

The brief:

Depending on your choice of lens - select a medium long focal length, ideally between 80mm - 200mm full frame equivalent (if you have happen to have a more pronounced telephoto lens 300mm-400mm) you might find it more interesting to try this for extreme focal length.

On Sunday afternoon, the weather was warm and sunny and the children were busy in the garden.  My son was playing happily with his action man and string, a took a few images of him using my 55mm-250mm lens attached.  I stood at the bottom end of the garden just out of view and took these images whilst he played.  He was completely unaware at one point that I was there.

 



 
I even caught him doing his Mr Bean dancing!




 
 

 
Oops - caught in the act and not so happy looking now that I was taking his pictures, looks like he is giving me a good telling off, by his facial expressions.
 
Moving closer to concentrate on his face
 
I moved a little closer so that I could concentrate on his face here to see what the outcome would be
 




 
he is very much involved in what he is doing and completely oblivious that I was taking his picture again.  I found this exercise relatively easy, however use of a tripod would have benefited with the length of lens, although I think they are ok.  It was easy to stand back and take these pictures, but then again it was easy because I knew the subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.