Friday 7 June 2013

People and Place - Exercise - Capturing the moment

The brief:

Find a comfortable situation, for this exercise concentrate on bursts of activity, from which you will try to capture a best moment.
 
This exercise talks about Henry Cartier-Bresson and his image 'Man jumping over Puddle'
 
 
 


before I started this exercise, I was on the beach with my family and happened to take these image of my daughter.

 
I took this one before she jumped
 
 
and although I wasn't in a great position to capture it - it has the same principle and I caught her in mid air, with her foot above the water.
 
Yesterday (3rd May), I took the children to Brighton for the day as they were both off school for teacher training days.  We had a fantastic day and the weather was amazingly warm for beginning of May.  Towards the end of the day we took the train along the seafront and came across a park, the kids wanted to get off and go to the park where we could be collected from.  There were several beach volleyball courts there also and I happened to ask the players if they minded me taking photos whilst they played (I felt this particularly necessary as the park was also full of children and I didn't want parents thinking I was strange taking photos unnecessarily). 
 
I took lots of photos whilst they played and hopefully I managed to catch some good action.  I switched the camera to TV and increased the shutter speed to 200 for this to capture the fast action movement.
 
Below are some screen shots of the images I took.
 
 
A selection of good action shots from the game
 
 
exercise2 - volleyball1
 
exercise2 - volleyball2
 
exercise2 - volleyball3
 
exercise2 - volleyball4
 
exercise2 - volleyball5
 
exercise2 - volleyball6
 
exercise2 - volleyball8
 
 exercise2 - volleyball11
 
exercise2 - volleyball12
 
exercise2 - volleyball13
 
exercise2 - volleyball14
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.