Tuesday 11 June 2013

People and Place - Exercise: An organised event

The brief:
 
For this exercise you will need to research and prepare in advance.  Look for an organised event at which there will be plenty of people and in which you can confidently expect to be able to photograph freely and with some variety.  An event at which spectators are in seats will not do, one in which people move around.

For this exercise I choose a sporting event, and paid attention to the event in front of me which was fast moving Polo Match.  I have never been to anything like this before, but my husband had to attend with work and so I decided to tag along with my camera.  It was an event with lots of people watching, there were trade shows, food outlets, Hampshire hound parade, but the main part of the day was the under 21's and under 25's Polo.

I used my 28mm-105mm lens as I would be able to control this better without the use of a tripod, therefore being less conspicuous.
 
I arrived before the crowds started gathering and took several images of the marquee inside and out, the horses getting ready, the match and the presentations.  I think I managed to get some good action shots of the actual match itself.

 
001 013 
067 068 
An organised event1 An organised event2 
An organised event3 An organised event4 
An organised event5 An organised event6 
An organised event7 An organised event8 
093 081 
An organised event9 089 
092 090
 
 
Still not sure of the rules of the game, however I think I managed to get some decent shots with the focal range that was available to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.