Monday 10 June 2013

People and Place - Exercise: Standard focal length

The brief:

As in the previous 2 exercises, concentrate on shooting with one focal length.  In this case, if you have a full frame DSLR the focal length should be between 40mm and 50mm. 

Shooting at a standard focal length shows the image that is very close to how the scene is viewed without the use of a camera and eliminates distortion that occurred in the previous two exercises.   This offers a more factual representation of how the scene is viewed.


Yesterday I visited the Devon County Show, I packed up my camera and my family and left home at 07:30 and headed west, it was very busy when we arrived at 10:00 and took us over 30 minutes to get into the car park.

It was a day out that I knew I would be able to use my camera with ease.  It was exceptionally sunny, with little or no shade whatsoever.  I selected 50mm on my lens and started about looking for good situations

006BW1
 
 
 
 
These images were taken inside the food tent, I decided on random people that were unaware of me and going about their business tasting and trying the local available produce.
 
 
 
This is my hubby and son watching the dancing diggers.
 
Old fashioned saw mill being worked
 
 
I love the blade in motion and the sawdust flying
 
120BW1
 
Outside in the sunshine, at the vintage machinery – these guys pleaded with me to take their photo – so I thought why not!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.