Monday 15 April 2013

People and Place - Exercise 8 - Varying the pose

The brief:

Set up a portrait session, plan for your subject to adopt in turn at least 3 different basic positions (within these suggest different limb positions.

Various poses:-

Sitting
Standing
Leaning
Walking
Squatting

There are also variations in the way the limbs are positioned, the hands, twists and turns of the torso etc.

Here I got my daughter to sit on the tree branch, she lifted on leg up and rest it on the tree, however, she put her head awkwardly against the tree, which I feel does not look so good.
 
 
On another trip to the woods, I used the same tree and had her sit on it differently with her legs bent and looking back towards the camera.  A much more pleasing effect!
 
 
One of my husband leaning causally against a wall in a very manlike position (no chance of getting him to pose)!



My daughter standing in a tree, I asked her to cross her leg as she used her hand to rest on the tree for balance.


A sitting down pose with leg crossed.

 
I like this one! She was at the top of a climbing frame, I took the photo looking upwards at her as she looked away from me.

 
I took this after a long walk, my husband lay on the bench waiting for the kids to catch up, I don't think he looks very comfortable - but thought that I would include it anyway.
 
 
Images scanned from a magazine that I purchased (an article on male portraits)
Different posing techniques - taken from Digital SLR May 2012 Issue 67
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.