Monday 15 April 2013

People and Place - Exercise 5 - Eye contact and expression

The brief:-
 
Set up a portrait session in which the face is prominent (and so perhaps the head-and-shoulders or torso), direct your subject to look away at times, towards you and etc.
 
I choose a small child as my subject and although you think this may be easy, you cannot direct a small child of this age as they do as they please.
 
I spoke gently and had a rattle that I used to direct the child's attention in different directions.  A happy little chap with cute expression.  I also used a handheld pocket camera as I was visiting a friend.  In some of the images he was facing the window and in others he was facing away with backlighting.
 
Here is the outcome:-







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.