Monday 15 April 2013

People and Place - Exercise 4 - An active portait

I recently took a few images of my mother whilst she was crocheting - there was no eye contact made and really she was unaware that I was taking photos of her!

 
Chatting and crocheting and oblivious!

 
not sure on this expression!
 
A more structured sitting comprised of my daughter playing her piano.  I moved the piano in-front of the window and sat on her bed, whilst she practised, although she knew I was there, she completely ignored the fact that I had my camera with me and only really smiled when she was happy she had played a piece through correctly.
 
I have converted these images to mono and I have also removed the name on the t-shirt.
 



I love her expression here, trying to decipher the music!



 
The majority of these images were taken with my daughter concentrating on playing and reading the music, however the last image she looked up and smiled.  Natural light was used in all the images.  A few natural distractions in the background, but good expressions and I am happy with the outcome of this exercise.