Wednesday 17 October 2012

DPP 3 - Exercise: Managing Colour

DPP 3 - Exercise: Managing Colour

  • Find and use 2 or 3 images that have a sigficant colour cast.
  • Make sure one image contains a surface that is known to be grey ie: concrete, steel, aluminium, car tyres, asphalt, thick clouds and shadows on white
 
I have made screenshots of each image that I am going to use, 2 images are taken from Assignment 2 - Seeing like your camera (as my tutor suggested that they had slight colour casts to them - having reshot the images - I know see that he was right ;-)


I took this image of my son having fun on his scooter, I deliberately choose the wrong white balance setting so that it would show a blue colour cast.
 
 
Other features of this image is the concrete ground that he is scooting on
 
 
Using the concrete and the WB tool in raw - I corrected the colour, made a slight contrast adjustment and also cropped the image so that my son was off centre.
 
The following 2 images are those taken from DPP Assignment 2 Seeing like your camera (that were in need of colour cast removal)!
 

Screenshot of shoes and makeup - Every girls must haves!
 
 
I found this image a little trickier to adjust - but I think I have managed it!  The original image definately had a magenta cast to it and I believe that I have removed that by making the following adjustments: I changed the white balance setting in raw, I also slightly adjusted the levels and hue/saturation.
 
The next image is also from DPP Seeing like your camera - Wedding headgear.
 
 
 
Again the original image had a slight magenta colour cast to it - here in the 2nd image I have tried my best to remove it, by changing the WB setting in raw and then slightly adjusting the brightness.