Friday 1 March 2013

DPP 5 - Assignment 5 Personal project Reflective Account

DPP 5 - Assignment 5 Personal project Reflective Account

Most of my journey through Digital Photographic Practice, saw me struggling with the weather or more importantly the "Rain".  If I needed to get out and shoot in the sunshine, then it would be most definately be raining and vice a versa.  So I figured that this could be a poignent subject for my personal project.
 
There are a few avenues to this that I could take
  • through the rain (images being taken through glass) or
  • reflections in puddles

I have done some research and drawn out some thoughts that might help with this (see diagram below).
 
 
Here I have included things that I would like to try and include within my final 10 images, but would also like to have some sort of theme to go along with it.

After a lot of thought and research :-

I have decided to go with the idea of images being taken from behind glass and subsequently this will be called "Behind the Glass".  This Assignment has also had me reported for taking images from within my own car; of lights at night, as I was sitting in a layby (apparently belonging to MoD), where I was swiftly moved on!  Apology given and a move to another destination was called for!

Its not the first time I have been in trouble for taking photos - and on both occasions I was actually shooting for an assignment, and not doing anything I shouldnt have been - just some people are so weary of a camera (student ID doesnt help much as it has no photographic image on it).

Selection of image deamed unsuitable and sent to recycling

 
Screen shot of a selection of images shoot to date 
 

 
I have been out during different parts of the day for this assignment, whilst it has been raining.
 
~
 
Anyhow, I have gone with the theme behind the glass, as I like the look of the liquid image almost running down the glass. Most of the images have been taken from within the car or literally behind a glass window somewhere, and the aim is to make the viewer want to wipe at the glass to view beyond the rain!
 
I have enjoyed this assignment, although I have struggled a little with regards to what my images should be like, I have tried to capture day and night, I also struggled with the rain!  With lights in the evening and also desertion due to the rain, I have also picked out bright colours and focused on them.